1. 7 Provide each learner, in a timely fashion, with a statement of credit upon successful completion of the program.
1. 8 Provide evidence (e.g. curriculum vitae, bio) that instructors chosen to lead programs are qualified by education and/or
experience to provide instruction in the relevant subject matter as defined in Section 4.
1. 9 Ensure that financial resources are available to sustain the programs undertaken. For example, resources should be
available for continued program improvement and for secure maintenance of program records.
SECTION 2: BUSINESS PRACTICES
2. 1 Code of Ethics
Providers are guided by the following principles of professional conduct as they interact with Athletic Trainers (ATs). Providers
2. 1. 1 Adhere to all standards and guidelines as described by the BOC.
2. 1. 2 Maintain the integrity and copyright of all proprietary BOC documents and materials.
2. 1. 3 Be truthful in statements to the BOC, ATs and the public.
2. 1. 4 Comply with all applicable business, employment and copyright laws.
2. 1. 5 Provide equal and fair treatment to all program participants.
2. 1. 6 Comply with the BOC audit system.
2. 1. 7 Uphold and enhance public appreciation and trust for the profession of athletic training.
2. 1. 8 Maintain the confidentiality of all participant information.
2. 2 Appropriate Language
Use language that does not show personal or professional bias or cultural insensitivity.
2. 3 Non-Discriminatory Practices
Ensure that programs are available and accessible to all appropriate participants. Further, providers shall ensure no unlawful
discrimination is associated with programming or related programs.
2. 4 Copyright
Ensure that copyright permission of materials used by program developers, presenters or others are identified on all program
materials, including audio-visual and program related materials.
2. 5 Conflict of Interest
Make public potential and actual conflicts of interest and financial gain associated with any programs, presenters or providers.
Disclosure of potential conflict for program sponsors must also be addressed. This includes, at a minimum, identifying any and
all sponsors in printed program materials.
2. 6 Cancellation/Refund Policy
If a fee is charged for programs, a policy must address cancellations and refunds. This policy shall be clearly indicated to
Standards for BOC Approved Providers